by Edited by Steven C. Hayes, Victoria M. Follette, and Marsha M. Linehan
This volume examines the role of mindfulness principles and practices in a range of well-established cognitive and behavioral treatment approaches.
This volume examines the role of mindfulness principles and practices in a range of well-established cognitive and behavioral treatment approaches. Leading scientist-practitioners describe how their respective modalities incorporate such nontraditional themes as mindfulness, acceptance, values, spirituality, being in relationship, focusing on the present moment, and emotional deepening. Coverage includes acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, integrative behavioral couple therapy, behavioral activation, and functional analytic psychotherapy. In every chapter, the authors describe their clinical methods and goals, articulate their theoretical models, and examine similarities to and differences from other approaches both inside and outside behavior therapy.
"This is an outstanding and potentially pivotal book, a unique series of therapeutic techniques emphasizing mindfulness, acceptance, values, spirituality, meditations, emotional deepening, focus on the present with an emphasis on the emerging therapeutic relationship....Hayes, Follette, and Linehan have recruited an impressive list of cutting-edge researchers and practitioners to provide an overview of the current state-of-the-art in what is being termed third generation behavior therapy....Any graduate doctorate program in psychology with a behavioral orientation wishing to insure contact with up-to-date thinking would need this book as part of its coursework. This book will be valuable to both starting therapists and those who have been in practice for many years....This book is highly valuable....The concepts and procedures developed are easily adapted to a child and adolescent population....Given the excitement within its pages and the profound impact it may have, it may represent one of the best values in books available today."
Child & Family Behavior Therapy
319 Pages, Size: 6" x 9"
1. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and the New Behavior Therapies, Hayes
2. Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Synthesizing Radical Acceptance with Skillful Means, Robins, Linehan, and Schmidt
3. Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy: Theoretical Rationale and Empirical Status, Segal, Teasdale, and Williams
4. Acceptance, Mindfulness, and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Comparisons, Contrasts, and Application to Anxiety, Orsillo, Roemer, Lerner, and Tull
5. Functional Analytic Psychotherapy, Cognitive Therapy, and Acceptance, Kohlenberg, Kanter, Bolling, Wexner, Parker, and Tsai
6. Values Work in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Setting a Course for Behavioral Treatment, K. G. Wilson and Murrell
7. Finding the Action in Behavioral Activation: The Search for Empirically Supported Interventions and Mechanisms of Change, Martell, Addis, and Dimidjian
8. Mindfulness, Acceptance, Validation, and "Individual" Psychopathology in Couples, Fruzzetti and Iverson
9. Acceptance, Mindfulness, and Trauma, Follette, Palm, and Hall
10. Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Bringing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy into the Valued Present, Borkovec and Sharpless
11. Acceptance and Change in the Treatment of Eating Disorders: The Evolution of Manual-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, G. T. Wilson
12. Vipassana Meditation as a Treatment for Alcohol and Drug Use Disorders, Marlatt, Witkiewitz, Dillworth, Bowen, Parks, Macpherson, Lonczak, Larimer, Simpson, Blume, and Crutcher
13. Acceptance, Mindfulness, and Change in Couple Therapy, Christensen, Sevier, Simpson, and Gattis
Stock: Usually ships in 6-8 business days!