by Carrie H. Kennedy and Eric A. Zillmer
Grounded in current knowledge about stress and resilience, chapters describe best practices in treating such challenges as depression, anxiety disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorders. Also addressed are operational functions of psychologists in personnel assessment and selection, counterintelligence, and other areas.
With more than 60% new material reflecting advances in evidence-based treatments and the evolving roles of military mental health providers, the authoritative resource in the field is now in a significantly revised third edition. The volume provides research-based roadmaps for prevention and intervention with service members and veterans in a wide range of settings. Up-to-date information about military procedures and guidelines is included throughout. Grounded in current knowledge about stress and resilience, chapters describe best practices in treating such challenges as depression, anxiety disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorders. Also addressed are operational functions of psychologists in personnel assessment and selection, counterintelligence, and other areas.
New to This Edition
Chapters on new topics: the spectrum of military stress reactions, concussion management, military sexual assault, embedded/expeditionary psychological practice, and security clearance evaluations.
Fully rewritten chapters on evidence-based treatments, behavioral health in primary care, and disaster mental health.
Incorporates major shifts in how and where military mental health services are delivered.
HARDCOVER 460 Pages Size: 6" x 9"
1. A History of Military Psychology, Mathew P. McCauley, Eric A. Zillmer, & Carrie H. Kennedy
2. Military Fitness-for-Duty Evaluations, James M. Keener, Christopher Merchant, & Chad Morrow
3. Military Stress Reactions, Marcus R. Van Sickle, Emmett Arthur, & Jessica M. LaCroix
4. Evidence-Based Treatments of Common Psychological Health Disorders in the Military, Michael A. Gramlich, Nancy A. Skopp, & Greg M. Reger
5. Behavioral Health Services within Primary-Care Clinics, Kevin Michael Wilfong, Jeffrey L. Goodie, Donald D. McGeary, & Alan L. Peterson
6. Managing Military-Specific Concussion for the General Practitioner, Heather G. Belanger, Patrick Armistead-Jehle, Jessica Parker, Sara M. Lippa, & Eveline F. Yao
7. Substance Use Disorder Services and Gambling Treatment in the Military, Tim Hoyt, Christopher J. Spevak, John A. Hodgson, William A. McDonald, & Revonda Grayson
8. Military Sexual Assault, Carrie L. Lucas, Ashley C. Schuyler, Sara Kintzle, Kelly M. Wails, Hannah I. Nordwall, & Carl A. Castro
9. Suicide Prevention and the Military Psychologist, Aaron D. Werbel, Mathew B. Rariden, Patricia J. Razuri, & Stephanie M. Long
10. Embedded and Expeditionary Mental Health Practice in the Military, Robert D. Lippy, Stephanie N. Pagano, Thomas J. Patterson, & Alan D. Ogle
11. Military Applications of Disaster Mental Health, Lyndse S. Anderson, Melisa S. Finley, & Jessica Y. Combs
12. Operational Psychological Practice in the Military, Thomas J. Williams, James J. Picano, Robert R. Roland, & L. Morgan Banks
13. Assessment and Selection of High-Risk Operational Personnel: Key Competencies of High-Risk Operators, James J. Picano, Robert R. Roland, & Thomas J. Williams
14. Security Clearance Evaluations, Carrie H. Kennedy & Sally Harvey
15. Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape Training: Preparing Military Members for the Demands of Captivity, Melissa D. Hiller Lauby & Charles A. Morgan III
16. Crisis Negotiations in a Military Context, Michael J. Craw & Russell E. Palarea
17. Ethical Dilemmas in Clinical, Operational, Expeditionary, and Combat Environments, Carrie H. Kennedy
If Out of Print. Customer will be contacted. With replacement, new edition or cancel option.