by E A Morris
This collection of ten lesson plans covers every aspect of running an anger management programme with secondary students.
This collection of ten lesson plans covers every aspect of running an anger management programme with secondary students. By linking to emotional literacy students will learn the skills of self-awareness, self-management, impulse control, active listening, empathy, understanding of non-verbal cues, conflict resolution and mediation. The ultimate aim is to elicit in participants an optimistic outlook, a better focus, and acceptance of other people and how they are. Central to the programme is how to deal with angry outbursts – known as ‘emotional hijacks’ – both pre- and post-hijack. Each lesson plan details the aim, resources required and method, and is accompanied by reproducible student and teacher sheets.
- Suggested Ways in Which to Use the Lesson Plans
- Lesson 1 – Feelings Focus
- Lesson 2 – Different Kinds of Anger
- Lesson 3 – What I Get Angry About
- Lesson 4 – What I Can do When my Anger is Building up
- Lesson 5 – When I Talk to Myself
- Lesson 6 – Melt Down!
- Lesson 7 – Melt Down 2!
- Lesson 8 – After the Storm
- Lesson 9 – Making ‘I’ Statements
- Lesson 10 – Rules for Myself