This book provides the first comprehensive guide to the practice of "enhanced" cognitive behavior therapy (CBT-E), the latest version of the leading empirically supported treatment for eating disorders.
This book provides the first comprehensive guide to the practice of "enhanced" cognitive behavior therapy (CBT-E), the latest version of the leading empirically supported treatment for eating disorders. Written with the practitioner in mind, the book demonstrates how this transdiagnostic approach can be used with the full range of eating disorders seen in clinical practice. Christopher Fairburn and colleagues describe in detail how to tailor CBT-E to the needs of individual patients, and how to adapt it for adolescents and patients who require hospitalization. Also addressed are frequently encountered co-occurring disorders and how to manage them. Reproducible appendices feature the Eating Disorder Examination interview and questionnaire.
"Over the past 30 years, Fairburn has made immense contributions to our understanding and treatment of patients with eating disorders. This timely, clearly written, immensely informative, and very user-friendly book provides just what the clinician needs-a practical guide to all phases of treatment."
-Robert L. Leahy, PhD, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital
Pages: 317 + Index, 7 x 10
1. This Book and How to Use It, Christopher G. Fairburn
2. Eating Disorders: The Transdiagnostic View and the Cognitive Behavioral Theory, Christopher G. Fairburn
3. Enhanced Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E): An Overview, Christopher G. Fairburn, Zafra Cooper and Roz Shafran
4. The Patients: Their Assessment, Preparation for Treatment and Medical Management, Christopher G. Fairburn, Zafra Cooper and Deborah Waller
Enhanced Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Eating Disorders: The Core Protocol, Christopher G. Fairburn, Zafra Cooper, Roz Shafran, Kristin Bohn, Deborah Hawker, Rebecca Murphy and Suzanne Straebler
5. Starting Well
6. Achieving Early Change
7. Taking Stock and Designing the Rest of Treatment
8. Shape Concern, Shape Checking, Feeling Fat and Mindsets
9. Dietary Restraint, Dietary Rules and Controlling Eating
10. Events, Moods and Eating
11. Underweight and Under-eating
12. Ending Well
Adaptations of CBT-E
13. Clinical Perfectionism, Core Low Self-Esteem and Interpersonal Problems, Christopher G. Fairburn, Zafra Cooper, Roz Shafran, Kristin Bohn and Deborah Hawker
14. CBT-E and the Younger Patient, Zafra Cooper and Anne Stewart
15. Inpatient, Day Patient and Two Forms of Outpatient CBT-E, Riccardo Dalle Grave, Kristin Bohn, Deborah Hawker and Christopher G. Fairburn
16. "Complex Cases" and Comorbidity, Christopher G. Fairburn, Zafra Cooper and Deborah Waller
Looking Forward, Christopher G. Fairburn
Appendix A. Eating Disorder Examination (16.0D), Christopher G. Fairburn, Zafra Cooper and Marianne E. O'Connor
Appendix B. Eating Disorder Examination Questionnaire (EDE-Q6.0), Christopher G. Fairburn and Sarah Beglin
Appendix C. Clinical Impairment Assessment Questionnaire (CIA 3.0), Kristin Bohn and Christopher G. Fairburn
Stock: Usually ships in 4 -6 business days!