by Daniel le Grange and James Lock
An indispensable clinical resource, this groundbreaking book is the first treatment manual to focus specifically on adolescent bulimia nervosa.
An indispensable clinical resource, this groundbreaking book is the first treatment manual to focus specifically on adolescent bulimia nervosa. The authors draw on their proven approach to treating anorexia nervosa in the family context and adapt it to the unique needs of this related yet distinct clinical population. Evidence-based strategies are presented for helping the whole family collaborate to bring dysfunctional eating behaviors under control, while also addressing co-occurring psychological problems and parent-child relationship conflicts. Highly practical, the book shows exactly how to carry out this time-limited therapy and what to do when problems arise. Special features include annotated session transcripts and answers to frequently asked questions.
"Le Grange and Lock, the brilliant innovators of the most effective treatment for anorexia nervosa, have adapted their family-based approach into the first promising intervention for adolescents with bulimia nervosa. Extremely well written and user friendly."
-David B. Herzog, MD, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Pages: 254 + Index, 6 x 9
1. Introduction and Background Information on Bulimia Nervosa
2. Family-Based Treatment for Adolescent Bulimia Nervosa
3. Phase I: Initial Evaluation
4. Session 1: The First Face-to-Face Meeting with the Family
5. Session 1 in Action
6. Session 2: The Family Meal
7. Session 2 in Action
8. The Remainder of Phase I (Sessions 3-10)
9. The Remainder of Phase I in Action
10. Phase II: Helping the Adolescent Eat on Her Own (Sessions 11-16)
11. Phase II in Action
12. Phase III: Adolescent Developmental Concerns (Sessions 17-20)
13. Phase III in Action
14. Summary of a Completed Case
Stock: Usually ships in 4- 6 business days!