by Phyllis Anne Teeter
This important volume takes a lifespan perspective on ADHD, dispelling the notion that it is only a disorder of childhood and enabling clinicians to develop effective and appropriate interventions for preschoolers, school-age children, adolescents, and adults.
This important volume takes a lifespan perspective on ADHD, dispelling the notion that it is only a disorder of childhood and enabling clinicians to develop effective and appropriate interventions for preschoolers, school-age children, adolescents, and adults. Within a biogenetic, neurodevelopmental framework, the author reviews empirically and clinically based treatment interventions including psychopharmacology, behavior management, parent/teacher training, and self-management techniques. Specific challenges and milestones for each clinical population are examined and related disturbances of self-control and impulsivity are placed in their developmental context.
"The succinct but comprehensive evaluation of medications and their appropriateness at each life stage makes this book a valuable resource for ADHD sufferers, their parents, and practitioners. Academic libraries will find it a good introduction for those who know little about ADHD or who need to catch up on the latest research. Upper-division undergraduates through professionals."
"This exceptional volume is unique for two reasons: it focuses exclusively on intervention, providing practical and scientifically validated treatments for ADHD, and it is the first text of its kind organized specifically from a developmental perspective. Thoughtful, readable, and up-to-date, the book exemplifies the contemporary shift in focus from a categorical view of ADHD to a dimensional, lifespan view. I highly recommend this text to anyone with a serious interest in ADHD."
-Sam Goldstein, PhD, Author, Managing Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children: A Guide for Practitioners (2nd Edition)
360 pages; 6 X 7;soft bound
1. Introduction to Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
2. Etiology and Associated Features of ADHD: A Transactional Neurodevelopmental Model
3. Developmental Challenges of the Toddler/Preschool Stage: The Impact of ADHD on Normal Development
4. Intervention Strategies and Techniques for the Toddler/Preschool Stage
5. Developmental Challenges of the Middle Childhood Stage: The Impact of ADHD on Normal Development
6. Intervention Strategies and Techniques for the Middle Childhood Stage
7. Developmental Challenges of the Adolescent Stage: The Impact of ADHD on Normal Development
8. Intervention Strategies and Techniques for the Adolescent Stage
9. Developmental Challenges of Adulthood: The Impact of ADHD on Normal Development and Intervention Options
10. Future Research Trends
Stock-Usually ships in 1-2 business days!